There are lots of advantages to becoming a member. APPLY NOW
... it's easy and the benefits far outweigh the costs. Membership is institutional, so you pay dues only for your institution and as many people as you would like can share in the fun.
The true impact of a professional membership comes from your participation with the association. Get involved! Once you've made the commitment to join the association, make a personal commitment to helping us grow. By moving forward and personally helping the association achieve its mission; you will immediately start to see the fruits of your labor.
- Expanding your professional network
- Networking in your own backyard, with other institutions that serve similar student populations
- Support systems
- Connecting with our regional (SACRAO) and national (AACRAO) parent associations
- Discovering what other colleges/universities are doing
- Sharing strategies on similar projects
- Mentoring Opportunities
- Mentor and/or Mentee assignments provide valuable support & advice
- Keeping abreast of current industry trends and developments
- Honing your presentation skills
- Inexpensive, close-to-home, regionally-tailored, high quality professional development opportunities (Annual Meeting, Admissions Newcomer Workshop, Registrar’s Summit, Support Staff Workshops)
- Acquiring/demonstrating leadership skills
- Opportunities to get involved in leadership positions that will enhance your professional (and maybe even your personal) life.
- Access to valuable programming which reaches out to prospective students (NC and SC Educational Opportunity Programs) and secondary school counselors (NC and SC School Counselor) in key markets.
- Serving your profession
- Recognition amongst your peers for your contributions and experience
- Scholarship opportunities for professional development
- Member rates on all CACRAO sponsored events
- Free bi-monthly association newsletter
- Free Employment Postings on our Website
- Unlimited members under your institutional membership